Sunday, June 03, 2007

Mommy's Girl



Pictures: Happy; Sad


For the first time, Jocelynne has started to cling to Mommy. She cries when I leave for work in the morning (unless I drop her off at a babysitters, in which case she's too eager to give me a kiss good-bye). She cries if I walk outside without her to feed the chickens. She cries if I try to put her down while cooking or cleaning. It's getting tiring.



Her new words for this week are "powder" (she sometimes requests I sprinkle baby powder on her bum during diaper changes), "book", and my friend Jamie taught her to say, "Yeah, baby." She likes to play with straps and will sit in her car seat or stroller and try to strap herself in. She has also learned to undress herself and, a couple of times, has stripped down to nothing and then made the sign for "bath."