Joss has been a hungry hippo lately. Landon and I agree she must finally be hitting a growth spurt, which is a relief. I have sad visions of sending tiny Joss off in the school bus this fall, with her feet dangling a foot above the floor off of the bench and her head not quite reaching the window. When I asked her why she was eating so much she told me that she wants to grow quickly so she could be a princess. That plan hasn't worked for me, but I won't discourage her.
Tristan has been working on his waving skills and has become quite consistent at producing a spastic little arm-flop to say good-bye to Daddy when he goes to school in the morning. We're so proud of him. Now if he could just learn to speak and walk, we might take him out of slow class.
Chloe told me before she took her nap today that she wanted to dream about "nice mooses". I gave my blessing, but will have to brief her before our next camping trip: moose are not nice. This wouldn't be necessary with most kids, but Chloe seems to attract trouble. I had to call poison control for her again (3rd time) last week when she gobbled a container of Aveeno moisturizing cream. I walked into her room and smelled menthol. Tearfully she cried, "Mom, can I have a drink of water? Mom, lotion isn't food." So now she can add that to her Do Not Eat List, along with handfuls of children's vitamins with iron and tea tree oil (my other two poison control calls).

No comments:
Post a Comment