Friday, July 28, 2017

Full House


Nonna has sponsored Tristan and Chloe's gymnastics classes this summer, and they have taken to it like fish to water.  They are both, in my biased opinion, the best in their classes.  I think they are the oldest, which helps with coordination.  But they are also brimming with enthusiasm and built like gymnasts: small and wiry.


Chloe's favorite events are the uneven bars and the balance beam.

Besides gymnastics, we've had a pretty relaxed summer.  Going to the library, playgroup, Sam's Club,  Activity Days, and Cub Scouts are our big outings.  Jocelynne's excited to go back to school and reunite with friends, but the rest of the kids groan when I remind them they only have 2 weeks left of summer.


We moved back into our house on July 1st!  The contractors have been working around us to finish up little things here and there, but the majority of the work is done.  They installed a doorbell a couple of days ago, and the kids had fun pushing it over and over.  So when my neighbor came and rang the doorbell, I ignored it (which must've frustrated her as she could see me sitting at my computer through the glass storm door).  Finally she knocked, which got my attention.


Glad this is resolved!


And finally, I have neglected to announce our special Christmas addition to the Jones Family -- probably because I feel so sheepish.  My professional pride makes me assure my readers that this baby was indeed planned.  Reluctantly planned, though.  When Dane was still small, it was made known to me that there was another baby for us.  I cried and whined.  I questioned the revelation.  God was patient and gave me a second witness, and Landon's answer was that I had the answer--which required some faith on his part.  But as we accepted God's will, we felt blessed. 

 Almost as soon as we stopped birth control, Landon got a TA job that the university had previously denied him because he'd already had a number of years of support.  Even more improbably, he got one the next semester, too.  And then the truck hit our house, but miraculously didn't injure or kill anybody, even though the bedroom closest to the street had 4 of our precious children in it.  Perhaps these things are coincidences, but I feel like too often we fail to see God's hand in the good "coincidences" of our lives.  

The kids are all excited about the new baby and have been helpful with Dane while I nap and put my feet up more than usual.  I'll miss them when summer's over.

No comments: