Sunday, March 10, 2019

Girls' Night at the Tattoo Parlor


Tristan's Battle of the Books team won 2nd place!  He read 8 books in preparation, and then had to answer questions about them trivia style with his team.  His teacher, Ms. Rooze (on the left), is cheering them on, while Nonna and I send Tristan positive vibes from the bleachers.  



Tristan turned 10 in February!  The kids always want a piñata, and I have a hard time paying $20 for something that's going to get whacked to pieces.  They really just want the candy, right?  So for every birthday party they decorate a box -- a nice, sturdy one so everyone can have multiple hits.  They always opt for large boxes, too, hoping that the law of ratios will dictate I dump a larger amount of candy inside.


He asked me to bake a king cake for his birthday.  Looks like unicorn poop, but it tasted pretty good.


These two are starting to play together occasionally, and I can already see that they're going to be great pals.  


Dad introduces "The Lord of the Rings" to Tristan and Logan.  They are suitably impressed.


Lauren, Joss, and Hannah cozy up while waiting to perform at the youth variety show.  Jocelynne played an intricate guitar solo that had many people coming up to me afterwards, congratulating me on my talented daughter.  Chloe performed in a flute trio of adorable Beehives while I accompanied them on piano.  She is progressing quickly in band, probably because of her piano training and the musicality she inherited from her grandmas.



Tristan got a Mega Science Kit from Grandma and Grandpa for his birthday.  


The first thing they "dug out" of the kit was the archeology stuff.



They found dinosaur bones!




This past Saturday we had some friends accompany Joss to get her ears pierced.  While driving to downtown Lafayette on the way to the tattoo parlor, the girls happened to see a strange man wearing a flowing, black cloak and a white plague mask on his face.  The shrill screams that erupted from the back of the van startled me, but I managed not to crash.  While waiting for her turn at the parlor (behind multiple other piercing victims) we got some ice cream at McDonalds.  I mentioned the Plague Doctor right before this photo, which helps explains Jocelynne's expression.




Jocelynne's cheerleaders (Chloe, Lia, and Annabelle) are excited and supportive.


While Joss can't bear to look.


One down, one to go!


Jocelynne's triumphant selfie afterward.  

No comments: