
Top picture: Chillin' after a nap
Middle picture: The day she discovered her tongue.
Bottom picture: More of the tongue


Jocelynne went swimming for the first time yesterday! She loved it. We were in Sharon's (the midwife that delivered her) lap pool and I held Jocelynne up in a swimming position while she kicked her legs and flailed her arms. She inadvertently splashed herself often, but she seemed to still enjoy herself. She didn't like it, however, when I helped her float on her back. She squinted up her eyes and made a sour face until I flipped her over again.
I had my monthly Girls' Night Out with my co-workers last night. We went out to cheap Chinese and I regretted it later. I spent the morning throwing up, having horrible flashbacks of my first trimester of pregnancy. I was in charge of caring for Jocelynne because Landon was gone, and she did a terrific job of being good. I was confined to bed, so she'd play in bed with me, lay her head on my belly once in a while and give me a smile.
She's discovered the logistics of crawling. The problem is that she can only move one arm and leg before she flops down on her chest. Then she has to get up on all 4s again and repeat the process. It's time to baby-proof the house, I guess. I just had to remove Landon's XBox controller cord from Jocelynne's mouth. It's one of her favorite toys.
Her newest oral developments are saying "Mama," although she says it 3 or 4 times in a row like "Mamamama." She has no idea of its meaning, of course. And she delights in sticking out her tongue. The day she figured out how to do it she kept her tongue protruded about a 3rd of the time. She looked pretty comical. She even blew raspberries twice.

No comments:
Post a Comment