Pictures: Mom, Fix the Furnace; Caveman Chloe; Floor Fun
It's a boy! The ultrasound tech caught me off guard when she announced the news. I looked over at Landon, who was trying to corral Joss and Chloe, and saw his face light up. I let out a little "Yay!" Then my excitement waned just a touch as I thought about haggling over a boy's name with Landon and storing 7 more bins of kids' clothing in the nursery. Maybe my parents were right to stick with one gender. If people have suggestions for boy names, they're welcome to email them to me.
We went hiking with some friends yesterday up the Provo Canyon by Sundance. It was beautiful with the Quaking Aspen a brilliant gold, the Maple leaves red, the Oaks a light brown, and the conifers dark green. Joss walked the trail for about .25-.5 mile total, and spent the rest of the time in Landon's hiking backpack. I carried Chloe in a front pack until Death Star (we really need to come up with a real name) got too upset with the violation of his space. Then my friend graciously took her from me. Landon taught Chloe how to say "bonjour" on our hike. Her first French word!
Joss says some funny things once in a while, which I think she pulls from videos she has seen. Last week, after I informed her that Daddy was at school, she said, "I'll never see my father again." When I laughed, she said indignantly, "It's not funny!" Last week she also got in trouble when she tried to manipulate me into giving her another bath. She stood in front of the toilet and peed in her pajamas, and then said, "Now I need another bath!" Instead, I wiped her down with a cold cloth. Perhaps I should have given her a Dante shower.

3 comments:
Congratulations you guys on a BOY! Yay! We had our little guy a week ago and just love having a boy in the family. The girls have adapted well to being 2 more little moms to him.
Hey Landon and Amanda! It's fun to see your cute little family, and congrats on the boy too! How fun, hope all is well. I wish you the best with staying warm this winter. That's exactly why Nate and I moved down to sunny St. George!
Woohoo! wow--a boy! exciting stuff! congrats! You're amazing to be going on 3 already-- I can't keep up with the jones on this one! Maybe it'll be a whole new experience! As far as names go though I am not much help. maybe obama--jk. we love your blog and look forward to more news! miss ya
Post a Comment